Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Typical Morning at the Otero's

       Isaac is my 16-month-old boy, we call him Lil" Ise.  He is so bright eyed and bushy tailed from the moment his little eyes open up in the morning.  "Meow... hee hee....car....bla#&%... what's that?" at seven a.m. blurting out all his thoughts and curiousities at once in his one-year-old jargon.  I got up with haste because my husband needs his sleep since he works late hours at a restaurant, and Lil' Ise likes to play with his daddy if we don't leave the room. 

     I made one of his odd, healthy breakfasts once I was awake enough to safely use a knife. I served up some sliced up cheese, avocado, and whole wheat bread.  He's still on finger foods, and 'throw it across the room with your spoon' foods.  I got a picture of him yesterday with wet cheerios thrown on the couch behind him. Believe it or not, I cherish these silly moments.  The couch is on it's way out soon anyway. 

     Every morning after breakfast we read, and today we read a Spanish story about some animals that were no longer of use to their owners and united as a musical band to make it on their own in the cruel world.  It ended with a scary song of hee haws, meowing, and ki-kiri-ki's (cock-a-doodle-doo in Spanish) that scared off a pair of burglars leaving the animals with all of their loot and a nice house to live in.  It was way over my son's head.  His eyes light up when I choose a book, and since I was never read to as a child it is an opportunity for me to enjoy creating those memories with my son.
   
     After reading, we feed the stray cat that visits our patio almost daily and competes with the oppossums for food.  Isaac loves inviting him in and pretending he's about to pet him.  It was our good deed for the day since my husband and I share a car and the baby and I don't leave the house too often in the winter.  I then put together my husband's suit for work which required some sewing repairs today, and I did it with a good feeling of kindness in my heart rather than obligation.  I learned that in marriage if you are consistently finding ways to bless your husband you are much happier and he is more willing to bless you in return.  This isn't why I do it, but it sure make marriage much easier and harmonious. 

     He's so patient with me, even when I'm short-tempered.  He was kind and forgiving today when I got a little snappy. Although it isn't an excuse, it was due to lack of sleep last night.  I'm glad he pointed it out with love because I'm extremely sensitive when it comes to his opinion of me.  Yes, if you didn't know you can correct your spouse in love rather than anger.  Imagine what a great advantage in life our children will have to see this example lived and proven to be possible right before his very eyes.  I pray he will marry, if he decides to marry, a lady that will respect and love him the way my husband I do eachother.  If he manages to do that, he will be a success at everything else.  It's so important to model love in our homes.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 

God bless you and yours. Keep your eyes on Jesus and on your children at all times =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment